Cumulus Linux 2.5.0 is a major product release that offers key feature sets for the mainstream enterprise, along with a set of pre-tested and pre-validated solutions, thoroughly documented in a series of validated design guides.
Specifically, it adds the following new functionality:
- MLAG – Active-active Layer 2 topologies with multi-Chassis Link Aggregation
- VRR – Active-active first hop redundancy protocol
- VLAN scale - New Linux 802.1Q bridge driver
- LACP bypass - Bypass LACP for scenarios such as PXE boot
- Routing enhancements - Scale, BGP dynamic neighbors, latest Quagga version
Additional details may be found by accessing the data sheet, hardware compatibility list, and validated design guides.
For a list of fixed and open issues or upgrade procedures, please read our release notes.