- Provides 24/7 access to the Cumulus Networks online support tools.
- Allows access to support personnel 24/7/365.
- Allows 24/7 access to downloads and software updates
- Server-style upgrade/patching across minor releases, server-style process restart/termination.
- Support for zero touch OS installation using ONIE loaded on industry standard switches.
- Linux is the API — Any language supported in Linux today, including scripting with Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby.
- The switch hardware abstraction layer accelerates Linux kernel networking constructs in hardware including the routing table, ARP table, bridge FDB, IP/EBtables, bonds, VLANs, VXLAN bridges.
- Hardware management also includes jumbo frames support and environmental management.
Layer 3 Features
- Enhanced Quagga IPv4/v6 routing suite including OSPFv2, OSPFv3, BGPv4/v6, Equal-Cost Multi-Path (ECMP).
- ECMP Resilient Hashing for IPv4 and IPv6 traffic.
- Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) across all platform & interface types, IPv4 and IPv6, BGP and OSPF, VXLAN.
Layer 2 Features
- Bridge management with STP (IEEE 802.1d), RSTP (IEEE 802.1w), PVRST, PVST, bridge assurance, BPDU guard, BPDU filter.
- VLANs, VLAN trunks (IEEE 802.1q), LACP (IEEE 802.3ad), LACP bypass, unicast/broadcast storm control, LLDP, CDP, IPv6 neighbor discovery, IPV6 route advertisement.
- MLAG (clagd daemon).
- IGMPv2/v3 snooping, MLDv1/v2 snooping.
- Virtual Router Redundancy (VRR - Active-active first hop redundancy protocol).
- VXLAN Support
- L2 Gateway integration with VMware NSX
- VXLAN Head End Replication
- VXLAN Active-Active bridging with MLAG
- Controller-less Network Virtualization with LNV
Monitoring & Troubleshooting
- Native Linux management tools such as OpenSSH, SCP, FTPS.
- Automated install and provisioning: zero touch install and zero touch provisioning.
- Management VRF
- DHCP, v4/v6 DHCP relays.
- Authentication with LDAP, authorization with sudo NTP.
- Interface configuration management (ifupdown2).
- Advanced management/orchestration through third party add-on packages.
- Traditional monitoring with SNMPv2 and network specific MIBs, hardware monitoring via watchdog, analytics with SPAN, ERSPAN, ACL-based counters, DOM optics data, thermal sensors, real time queue-depth and buffer utilization reporting.
- Troubleshooting with dnsutils, syslog, reachability tools, hardware inventory, log files, server-style filesystem, and merchant silicon specific commands.
- Advanced troubleshooting and ease of use with Prescriptive Topology Manager.
- Access control lists (ACLs) L2-L4 classification through IP/EPtables, CPU protection through hardware enforced ACL-based rate limiting , DoS control.
- Link PAUSE.
- Classification based on Class of Service (CoS) (IEEE 802.1p) or DSCP (queuing, scheduling (DWRR and Strict Priority), buffer allocation)*.
- Ingress ACL-based classification/policing.
*Check the appropriate hardware guide for platform-specific support.
- Additional Information