The release 3.7 of Cumulus Linux is available in both a binary option as well as a repository code.
The main feature of this release is support of Trident3 ASIC from Broadcom.
The Trident3 ASIC has more features over Tomahawk family, but at a cost - much slower packet performance.
From the user point of view, as long as a NOS has the same set of features, there is no difference in the hardware. Just pick the model you like, and that fits your performance target.
Beside supporting new platforms, the 3.7 release offers several new features and improvements:
- Line side loopback and Terminal loopback mode for Facebook Voyager troubleshooting
- Active-active OVSDB (Early Access)
- RADIUS Change of Authorization (CoA) requests
- RADIUS AAA local fallback authentication
- TACACS Plus local fallback authentication
- EVPN enhancements
- New NCLU commands:
The pricing and availability are the same - check the Cumulus Linux section!