The very first switch in our product line has arrived - it's Broadcom StrataXGS Tomahawk based box with 32 QSFP28 100G ports!
We are very proud that it's a product from our parent company, ETegro Technologies - Eos 720.
- 32 100GbE QSFP28 ports in 1 RU
- 3.2 Terabits per second switching capacity
- 2400 million packets per second
- Powerful x86 quad-core CPU for application deployment
- 8GB of memory for virtualization purpose
- USB DOM
- Configurable pipeline latency enabling sub 400ns port-to-port operation
- Supports high performance storage/RDMA protocols including RoCE and RoCEv2
Reliable hardware platform
- 1+1 redundant power
- N+1 redundant cooling (FtB and BtF airflow options)
- Redundant boot
Currently, system is loaded with enhanced version of ONIE - it allows to test basic functions until fully-functional NOS will come to production.
We expect Cumulus Linux and Broadcom ICOS to be compatible in second half of 2015.
Meanwhile, Ubuntu could be installed and serve as enabler for open-source L2/L3/OpenFlow solutions with OF-DPA and OpenNSL libraries.
And it's no Dell Z9100 with 3K per port, it's less than 500 per 100G port :)
Availability - evaluation units are here, MP is expected in 2H/2015.